UPVC seals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a window which is around 12 years old with a damaged seal, thought they would just be push in types but it looks like it is stick on or bonded, I've tried searching but cannot find seals like it, looks like a flipper seal and the part that is stuck to the window is very small, can anyone help identify this stuff or something to replace it with thank you.

20221230_144408.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks like that is a gasket that is part of the extrusion profile. You are unlikely to get aadirect replacement . You maybe able to carefully pull and clean the old one out and find an alternative.
Lots of pvc manufacturers changed over to extruded gaskets as the old push fit ones tended to shrink over time

Yes its co-extruded gasket, as ronnie says a direct replacement won't be available as its bonded on so you really need a cross section and see whats out there in wedge gasket or E gasket

Sponsored Links
I thought that might be the case, on having another look there is a t shaped channel all the around the window so I'm thinking I might be able to remove the seal that's is there and find one to fit into this channel i have ordered one of them seal kits so going to see if any fit in the gap, maybe a bubble type seal.

20221231_134247.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back