UPVC sheet 8x4 ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all.

Could anyone please offer advice as to the following?

Seeking a manufacturers brand name or a source of supply for :-

Rigid, UPVC, 8x4 sheet, in white, matt or gloss, either 5m/m or 6m/m thick.

Have already searched on the net but all results seem to be long narrow strips in packs of four, at a maximum of 3m/m thick.

Any constructive input would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks Malshep, for your reply. Will contact these people in the morning.
Much appreciated.
Petel

Sponsored Links
My thanks to Malshep and Gregers for their replies.

Contacted the people on the link kindly provided by Malshep, was quoted £245 for one 8x4 sheet of their material. Out of the question I am afraid.

The link kindly provided by Gregers, quoted £84 for one 8x4 sheet but only 2.5m/m thick, not the 5m/m required.

Would still appreciate feedback on this question please.
Thank you.

Hello Gregers.
Thanks for your input. Had a reply from these people, they do supply sheet material but not of the type or sizes required.
Thanks again.

Contacted the people on the link kindly provided by Malshep, was quoted £245 for one 8x4 sheet of their material. Out of the question I am afraid.
You didn't need to contact them, the calculator I provided you with tells you the price !

The link kindly provided by Gregers, quoted £84 for one 8x4 sheet but only 2.5m/m thick, not the 5m/m required.

So why can't you get 2 of these sheets and glue them back to back?

If that's still too expensive then why not just get 1 sheet and laminate it with some relatively cheap material like plywood. Without knowing what you're trying to achieve, nobody can help you.

Many thanks to Malshep and Gregers for the assistance offered. Have now sourced the material required, to the exact sizes required.

At £43+VAT per sheet, its cost is higher than the PVC foam used on the walls but it has the rigidity required for creating shelves, boxing-in pipework and the like.

Unfortunately, the product came with no identification, brand or makers name, so I am unable to pass this information on.

Thanks again, Petel

Well that's a right flippin' mystery that is. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back