UPVC Window Cill End Caps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering of someone could give me a bit of advice. I have noticed that a couple of the end cap on my UPVC windows have not been fitted. I know that they are supposed to be fitted before you put the cill in. Is there anything i can do about this now they are in? Can i buy the 150mm ones and cut down to size?

Also on one of the windows at the bottom corner (not locking side) it has developed a small draft, is there anyhting i can do to sort this out?

Any help would be really appreciated

Sponsored Links
you will have to find out what profile the window are or the cill. and yes you can cut them and fit them after.

open the window and look at the locking system, you will probaly see where the lugs that lock into the frame are, they should have a allen key slot , twist and you will see its offset , turn until it goes more towards the house and you should find the window is a bit stiffer to lock.

Here comes another daft question, how can i find out the profile mate?

Thanks for the advice

Sponsored Links
Its possible its printed on the edge of the profile, open a window and have a good scout round around the outside of the opener or the inside of the frame, there will be serial numbers, the date and time the profile was extruded and maybe a name.

If not you may need to just google 'upvc cill end caps' and get ones that are close to yours

Thanks gents, as always the help and advice very much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back