UPVC window cross over bit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have quite a few windows in my house that are missing the cross over bit (see picture) probably where last owners pulled them off or fell off. The house was built in 1999 and are the same windows since then, I have emailed several UPVC companies to ask if I were to send them a bit they could make. Only 1 company replied to tell me no the rest I have not heard back from.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get these or who to talk to in making some please.

Thanks

window.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks like an inside fitted Georgian bar?

You could replicate using a strip of UPVC from a local supplier. Cut to size and silicone to the glass.

Hi

There is 1 on the inside and 1 on the outside, lucky enough all the outside 1s are still in tact. They seemed to be just glued on to the windows, while I probably could make a similar looking 1 from strip of UPVC I dont think the finish I would get would look decent.

I am happy to pay a company to make I need about 6 of them and can remove 1 from a window as a template. I just cant seem to find a company who could do this for me.

I also thought I could try and find the model/make of window and just buy some spares but looking around the window and frames I can see nothing written like a serial number.

Sponsored Links
Its called an Astragal bar.

Unfortunately your windows look quite old so I'm 99% sure that exact part will be discontinued. You will have to just replicate it as best as you can.

I would suggest a "D" molded pvc trim like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/uPVC-Wind...ims-Plastic-PVC-2-x-2-5m-Length-/321677709969

You could pull off a few of the odd ones and reuse them to match up in some rooms then use the D trim in the other rooms.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back