Upvc windows bubbling in the heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have brown mahogany effect upvc windows and the front of the house gets the sun on the hottest part of the day. I noticed some of the trim had started to bubble up and wrinkle in places where it has come unglued from what I imagine is a white upvc window underneath. Now I have big bubble on the window frames and also a windowsill.

Can anything be done to fix it. The windows were done by the previous owner so no idea how old they are.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
this is the foil that is the mahogany effect coming away from the frames.
Old problem most new mahogany finishes No problem.

another reason why this happens is that superglue and old foils are not good bedfellows.

The only way i have ever cured this on the outside is to buy new trim and fit it over the bubbled area of the foil . i.e 40 mm mahogany trim over frame parts that are bubbled and match it both sides

sills is another problem inside easy to change outside a lot harder.

i would advise that you check if the previous owner had a transferable guarantee that is still in force if so get onto firm who did job pronto

Thanks will do, I suspect they are outside of warranty now.

Sponsored Links
Most policies don't cover for sun damage anyway, some suppliers locally won't cover sun damage on south facing elevations either

I come across this fault 3 or 4 times weekly, even modern rosewood and even light oak is just as bad as mahogany, panels warping or cracking, door frames bowing, foils bubbling, got all the photos to show

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back