Upvc Window's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Ive recently moved into a house where the window's were down about 15 years ago. The inside plastic srrounds to the these windows and stained with the odd splash of paint and other things. Does anyone know of a miracle cleaner that would get rid of these staines making it white again ? Would white spirit do it ?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Go to your local building plastics supplier and buy a bottle (1L) of solvent cleaner and a trigger spray. Use in a well ventilated area with h/d tissue. Beware of coloured tissue though, some colours, esp blue can 'bleed' off and onto the plastic staining it. Turn/replace tissue frequently. Should cost less than a tenner. Good luck

Go to your local building plastics supplier and buy a bottle (1L) of solvent cleaner and a trigger spray. Use in a well ventilated area with h/d tissue. Beware of coloured tissue though, some colours, esp blue can 'bleed' off and onto the plastic staining it. Turn/replace tissue frequently. Should cost less than a tenner. Good luck

cheers thanks for that, i'll have a look in my local area ;)

I thought the soft plastic trigger tube melted due to the solvent? Happened to me a few years back but I think it was super strength industrial solvent though :eek:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back