Brown/White UPVC Window Suppliers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody recommend a supplier for upvc windows. The ones I am after are brown outside but white inside - struggling to find anyone.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I was the same,the reason i was told is that the brown and white pvc have different expansion rates when they heat up which can lead to warping

I wanted the two tone pcv for my conservatory to match my windows thats what i was told.Firms dont want any comeback in event of it warping
My windows seem to have a thin plastic brown covering over white pvc and no problems with them

Sponsored Links
never experienced any problems with brown/white unit instalations :eek:

PVC-U is non-flammable, it will not split, warp, rot, bend or crack.

from the manufacturers website.

try these boys,http://www.soundglobal.co.uk/profile.php ,i've had stuff off them in the past on a supply only basis and thought it was pretty good(can't for the life of me remember what profile they use),they are just off junction 21 of the M6 near warrington,and yes they delivered down here.the windows you want are known as,either,woodgrain on white or rosewood on white,the two are slightly different,even so,all it is,is white profile with woodgrain/rosewood foil laminated onto the front face.heat can be a factor,but if they are well made and well fitted you shouldn't have any problems. i put some in for an aunt about 2yrs ago and she's had no problems,touch wood.hope this helps.

I was the same,the reason i was told is that the brown and white pvc have different expansion rates when they heat up which can lead to warping

Dual coloured windows are laminated. The cross section is all one colour, even in an oven at gas mark 6 they won't warp :D

bendylow, soundglobal are arrogant andhard work!! but they are the biggest manufacturers round here! they use eclipse halo, now owned by VEKA, they are undoubtedly the cheapest place to buy any upvc windows/ connys etc in the northwest, they are that cheap that you are unsure if they are a decent company. if i wasnt in the game myself i would reccomend them to anyone!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back