Urgent! Baxi 105 HE stuck on pipes and I need to remove it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm trying to remove the HE in my Baxi 105e combi, so that I can give it a good clean (see earlier post about no CH). I have removed the fan hood and the retaining clips from the flow and return pipes as per instalation instructions but the HE is still stuck solid. Any ideas as to how I can lift the HE off these 2 pipes?

Any quick replied would be great as I have everything stripped down.

Thanks.

Martin

Sponsored Links
You have a HE. Are you removing the primary heat ex or the Secondary Heat ex.

Sorry Poxi,

Its the Primary Heat exchanger, which sitts over the burner. The flow and return pipes come down from it and it should just sit on the top of these, with the help of clips. However, I can not pull it up off the pipes.

Martin

Put a piece of baton under one end of the heat ex and tap it with a hammer. Should come off easy must be well sludge together :D
Tip:Regrease the `o`rings when you put it back together

Sponsored Links
Thanks poxi I'll try that in bit.

I'm sure it is sludged up. I've been taking the rads off and hosing them through while I was waiting for a reply here and some of the flakes of sludge are almost a 1/4 of an inch. If some of those have lodged in the HE. it won't take long before its bloked up.

Do you have any good tips for cleaning out the HE?

Thanks again,
Martin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back