Urgent HELP!!! Jaguar 23kW combi boiler problems....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fed up now of racking my brains over this - so defeat admitted and Ive joined this forum......

Ok - heres the problem.....

Jaguar 23kW combi boiler

When boiler is turned on, firing sequence doesnt occur, the fan doesnt kick in etc etc / the same when the hot water is turned on......

Power ok, the 6A fuse on main PCB is ok, all terminals on ok etc etc

Is it the PCB next??? Any advise greatfully received.......The customer is sick of no heating and cold showers so need to sort out ASAP without throwing too much off their money away......

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
One thing I did notice was there wasnt an earth connected to the fan - someone must have pulled this off before

I will have to pull the fan out to test then - any other ideas

you are the engineer ? why are
you asking us?
either you know what your doing or you dont!

honesty is the best policy. fess up now or get no help :evil:

You should be posting these questions in the Combustion Chamber section where we will be happly to help.

The Jag fan is one of the worst to change.

TonY

Hi

Had a similar problem. If your system is full of crab it will eventually cause the pump to play-up or seize. Take the pump out and clean it up , get rid of all the black thats on the chrome shaft. This wall cause the relay on the PCB to blow. If you take the pcb out, look underneath the relays to see if it is burned. If thats the case you can wire the pump straight into the mains with a 3 pin plug as a temporary measure. If it works then you can replace the pump and pcb. The main problem would be to power flush the system. [removed]
thanks UD

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back