URGENT!! Peugeot 307 purge valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a petrol Peugeot 307 1.4 05 plate. I have had R A C and garage do a diagnostic and both came up with replace purge valve. I have located it on the car (behind front drivers wheel), but I can't seem to take it off. The clips don't seem to want to move. Also when the car gets warm it loses all power and goes into limp home mode. Would a faulty purge valve be the reason. Really need my car for my business. Trying to do it myself instead of having to spend a lot of money in garage. Thanks

Sponsored Links
There is a possibility that the purge valve, if faulty, could be allowing petrol fuel vapour to be drawn into the engine which could upset the engine ECU as the emissions would be somewhat high......there's no way I can say this for certain though!
If its the pipes that are troubling you, the ends have to be tightly squeezed at the square plastic pads that you should be able to see. The pipes should then release from the valve.
John :)

Thanks John. Do you if it the purge is under the wheel arch in this car or am I looking at the wrong thing. It had electrics coming from it. Whenever I look for my car it comes up as a hi which mine isn't. Thanks

The purge valve is behind the wheel arch....it will have two or three pipes connected into it, and will have an electrical connection.
What the thing does is to inhale fuel fumes from the tank, and rather than vent them to the outside (pollution) it allows the fumes to be burnt in the engine. The thing only operates when the engine is running, and it clicks from time to time as the valve opens and closes.
I guess if the valve is stuck open, then fumes could be continually ingested by the engine and that could spook it a bit.

Sponsored Links
What do you mean " comes up as an hi" ? Hdi? Is your car petrol or diesel?

Thanks John. I am looking at the right thing then. I just can't seem to get if off. I've unplugged the electrics but the pipes won't move.
Daveherns my car is a petrol, that was meant to be Hdi

Give us a pic if you can, but these pipes are tricky to shift......
From memory (Citroen C4) I noticed the pipes were convoluted in appearance. Where they connect onto the valve, there is a plastic square visible on the connector. This has to be fully depressed and then the pipe can be gently twisted and pulled at the same time to release it - special pliers are available. Please be aware the pipes can be damaged if mishandled!
If you really get stuck, get the car to a local independent garage and, as you have the arch liner off, they'll shift it in 15 minutes.

Thanks for your comments. Really helped. Taking it to a garage on monday

Sponsored Links
Back