Urgent!! Should I use this tool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

Bought a mitre saw to cut some spindles for my decking (and other jobs later on)

Any way just unboxed it, it looks like it took quite a hit at some point.

The blade has a slight wobble to it, should I use it?

Attachments

• IMG_20200530_085726.jpg
    IMG_20200530_085726.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20200530_090620.jpg
    IMG_20200530_090620.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_20200530_090802.jpg
    IMG_20200530_090802.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 279
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I bought it online and arrived like that.

I'm not happy with the wobble on the blade, as I think it's been caused by the impact. However I do t actually know if there should be any wobble on the blade at all. Although I don't know how you would get the accuracy of that was the case.

It would make my day a lot easier if the blade wobble was normal as id use it and argue with the supplier later.

Return it.
It could be unsafe to use now if the blade has been affected and wobbles.

Put it away and doing it by hand now.. bored lol

Thanks guys

Hell no, send that right back. Don't even power it up. (edit, just seen the vid - too late!) You can demonstrate blade run-out (though you don't need to) by using a tri-square up against the blade and measuring at different rotations. The crack in the casting is enough to warrant sending it back, otherwise a replacement blade would suffice.

Was the box and packaging also damaged?

Nozzle

Blade shouldn't wobble, could be a bearing damaged by the impact. Could be very nasty if that bearing seizes or breaks while the blade is rotating at high speed.

Definitely return it....

Hell no, send that right back. Don't even power it up. (edit, just seen the vid - too late!) You can demonstrate blade run-out (though you don't need to) by using a tri-square up against the blade and measuring at different rotations. The crack in the casting is enough to warrant sending it back, otherwise a replacement blade would suffice.

Was the box and packaging also damaged?

Nozzle

There wasn't any damage to the box

So they dropped it, then stuffed it in the box? May be a brand to avoid if they are thst slapdash. Agreed with others - it's potentially dangerous and should go back, pront.

So they dropped it, then stuffed it in the box? May be a brand to avoid if they are thst slapdash. Agreed with others - it's potentially dangerous and should go back, pront.

It is einhell.... Must admit kinda disappointed with the overall quality in general, erbauer seems to be better. But it was cheap and to be expected. But the fact I couldn't use it as you say it seems likely bits been dropped at factory. There's no damage to the handle or anything.

It's packed up ready to go back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back