USA/UK Phone Chargers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Am Getting Married In Las Vegas Next Week :cool: And I'm Taking My Bride, And Various Battery Chargers With Me To Charge My Cameras/Mobile Phone Etc ;)
The Camera Chargers Are Rated At 100v/230v Input, Which Is Fine For The American Voltage,
But The Mobile Phone Charger Is Rated At Only 230v Input, Can This Be Plugged Into The American 120v Sockets,
I Know a Few People Who Have Done This Whilst In America, And They Say It Works Fine,
But In My Theory, You Should Not Connect a 230v Rated Unit Into a 120v Supply, ie, If You Half The Supply Voltage Then The Supply Current Will Be Doubled In The Primary Winding Of The Charger Transformer, Which Might Not Be Able To Take Twice The Current,
But These People Say They Have Done It With No Problems,
I Think It Sounds "Iffy" :confused:

Sponsored Links
Any Comments?
Or Have I Answered The Question Myself???

Let us know when you get there :LOL:

Good luck to your wedding though...........

what you need is to look at tlc-direct.co.uk search 4 us120v - uk240v inverter

cost 23-49 quid + dreaded depending on VA rating

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chaps :LOL:
Would Send You An Invite, But The Bride Is Shy :oops:

paulh53 said:
I Am Getting Married In Las Vegas Next Week :cool: And I'm Taking My Bride, And Various Battery Chargers With Me To Charge My Cameras/Mobile Phone Etc ;)
The Camera Chargers Are Rated At 100v/230v Input, Which Is Fine For :confused:
Hope it is not too late, when you are in the big place, i beleive that you will have access to a car, for next to nothing you can purchase a phone charger for the car...
It it, not only that you can get a normal plug that is an extention to the car charger and use it in a room...wish you luck and enjoy
Albert

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back