USB Video Device

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When using my microscope this device captures the images and transfers them to any program designed to handle still images in the same was as one would transfer images with a scanner.

However there is no gain control. It auto corrects exposure and does a good job but if one wants to combine images with Photoshop CS4 then all images need to have same settings and since this auto corrects I have many failures when trying to combine images either to increase depth of field or area viewed.

With PCCAM which takes video using the same microscope it gives a window allowing manual setting of Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation, Sharpness, Gamma, White Balance, and Backlight Comp. It also has a zoom control which does not work so maybe some of the others don't either? However unless I can find a way to capture with some manual control I will continue to have problems with Photoshop CS4 (Maybe CS5 has a cure?).

I do run Linux with Memphis which was installed by daughters old boy friend so I have very little knowledge as to how it works but may have something that can help?

I normally run Windows XP and also have Windows 98 as duel boot if that helps?

Over the years different cameras, webcams, and scanners have supplied a selection of programs often I can't remember what came with which but non of the programs handling still images seem to help.

Sponsored Links
Back