Use by dates on Plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have about 20 bags of plaster that have used by dates 1st of November - does Plaster degrade badly? I expect to use it within 2 weeks and the plasterer is being a bit iffy saying it will be harder to work?

Sponsored Links
Depends where it has been stored , is the area damp , are the bags intact . you could try one bag , the plaster tends to go off while one is mixing it up so becomes useless. You appear to have a couple of months grace though .

Depends where it has been stored , is the area damp , are the bags intact . you could try one bag , the plaster tends to go off while one is mixing it up so becomes useless. You appear to have a couple of months grace though .

Stored in a dry area and the bags are intact - I think one has a cut.

I just bought them just as the lockdown was ending in June but them my build got delayed.

Sponsored Links
harder to work? he’s not a plasterer.
he wants more money. get more , that’ll wind him up .

Its a Use by date - so does it degrade over time or suddenly in the last weeks go off?

I assume when its on the wall it will be fine? I mean it wont start pealing off or cracking as it was mixed up 2 weeks before its use by date?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back