Use fire resistant Plasterboard instead of fireboard ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need 30min fire resistance on my dormer on the neighbours side.
I was told to put some superlux fireboard there on top of the ply outside, but just found out it's £133 a sheet!

There are 1hour fire resistant brands of plasterboard at around £7 a sheet.

Would that be acceptable on the inside?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply.
That would be alot cheaper at around £35 a sheet.
But would it be necessary?
Would the fire resistant plasterboard on the inside be as effective yet cheaper and easier to install?
Regards

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply.
That would be alot cheaper at around £35 a sheet.
But would it be necessary?
Would the fire resistant plasterboard on the inside be as effective yet cheaper and easier to install?
Regards

When building a dormer cheek adjacent to (but obviously above the level of) the party wall, the building inspector will usually ask for fire resistance from both sides.
This is to prevent fire fom your neighbour's house spreading to yours, as well as it spreading from you to them.
Fireline board on your side of the studs only will not achieve this, hence the Masterboard on the other side.
(If tiling the dormer cheek, I often wonder if that itself would suffice, but some inspectors I've spoken with say NO. Whether they are correct or not, I don't know).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back