Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm doing up the living room and I've had it plastered including inside the fireplace which has a log burner in it. The plasterer has put fibreboard inside the fireplace and not skimmed it because he said the heat would crack the plaster. Planning to paint this board with heat proof paint.
My problem is that the board doesn't quite reach the hearth tiles i.e. there is a 10mm gap or so between the tiles and fireboard.
Can anyone recommend any type of 'filler' type material that I can use to fill this gap. Needs to be something heat resistant and paintable.
Many thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Lime mortar.

You normally lime render or fireboard the fireplace around a woodburner.

Sponsored Links
Yes, Granite is a good choice. With sticking them to the wall, I believe you can use a tile adhesive for Aga areas etc. Best to ask a tile merchants for the type of suitable materials.

When I've been roped in to lime render that area, I've just rendered down to the hearth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back