Use two out of three of the LED lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I need to replace some spotlights inside two of my kitchen cabinets.

I am thinking of buying this one: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...ing/ledberg-led-spotlight-white-art-20298820/

I only need two lights but it comes in a pack of three linked to a transformer and splitter, so would it be fine to leave one light unplugged?

According to the instructions (page 21) the lights are connected up via a removable cable (http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/doc/assembly_instructions/ledberg__aa-1614340-2_pub.pdf).

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I only need two lights but it comes in a pack of three linked to a transformer and splitter, so would it be fine to leave one light unplugged?
Why not ask Ikea, rather than here?

It depends entirely on what the minimum load is for the power supply, and unless you get lucky here with someone who has one themselves, the only people who will know are Ikea.

I'd expect it to work with only 2 connected, but can't be certain.
See if you can try it in the shop.
Otherwise, big shops are normally pretty good with returns.

Sponsored Links
Ikea have not got a good name for electrical items. You only need to read the avert and instructions to see that, they are required to give certain information with any main powered lamp, voltage, wattage, lumen output, and if it can't be dimmed. They break all the rules, non of the required information is given. Since the LED can't be changed the label can't really show A, A+ and A++ it must show just one, that label is for a fitting where the lamp can be changed.

However there is one clue with the installation, the switch is after the controller, so one would expect the controller is able to run with no output, so likely the lamps can be run as 1, 2 or 3, if they can't be run like that there really should be a warning. However they have broken all the other rules on selling lamps in the UK so you can't really expect them to print warnings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back