Bathroom cabinet with lights now needs a switch fitted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not impressed with the communication and instructions on my new Ikea Storjorm Bathroom mirror cabinet. The cabinet has lights built in behind the glass doors. I fitted the cabinet to the wall and wired up the lights straight from the mains wire that was already there from the last cabinet.
The lights worked and it looked great. But they did not go off. I then discovered there is no switch or sensors.
There is nothing in the instructions or the website that mentions a switch. So I have now disconnected the lights until I figure out what kind of switch I need and how I should do this. Any ideas?
Link to cabinet. https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products...-2-door-built-in-lighting-white-art-20248118/
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds. Never went looking for a switch, why would I? I followed the instructions step by step and it never mentioned a switch. I just assumed it would have one, same as my last bathroom cabinet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back