Used Double Glazing units?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I need to change 3no double glazed units in my conservatory - all blown and steamed up.
Does anyone know of a company that supplies 2nd hand units?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I need to change 3no double glazed units in my conservatory - all blown and steamed up.
Does anyone know of a company that supplies 2nd hand units?

Thanks
I’ve got some secondhand nails ,not very bent.

Sponsored Links
New ones are cheaper than you think.
Especially supply only

@Gammy leg
Remove the existing pane, measure the millimetre dimensions and send out to a local glazing co for supply only like for like. Don't forget to mark on the frames the dimensions that go in that opening, if the sims are different

I love it when people try to sell them on eBay for £30-40 each, like selling second hand towbars - they don't tell you what car it's from as they think they're all the same!

When I was in my late teens in the 80s and a young skint driver I was a regular as most probably were at the local scrap yard/car dismantlers getting a starter motor or alternator I often saw taxi drivers taking brake pads or brake lines, even then I thought you cheapskates

Hopefully taking brake lines off the same model of car!

"Yeah mate I find these Cortina ones fit my Rolls Royce really well if I just heat it here so I can bend it 90 degrees.."

Yeah but taking slightly corroded brake lines to replace corroded ones lol, just do the job properly, brake pads too arghhh,!!!

Bit on the fence about that one; it's conceptually no worse than the lines on the being-repaired car lasting as equally well as the donated brake lines

Fitted a second hand wheel bearing to my lst car after the first failed at 130k, and the replacement had done about that. On the one hand I was thinking I could easily be lining myself up for having to do another I replacement soon, but also if the OK bearing on the car had run flawlessly for 130k then why shouldn't I expect the replacement to work the same. (They're now both on 200k)

Last edited:
Bit on the fence about that one; it's conceptually no worse than the lines on the being-repaired car lasting as equally well as the donated brake lines

New pipes are so cheap, I just fit new - pointless fitting old corroded ones. Brake pads - I certainly wouldn't for looking for used ones, but if I saw some good as new, I might have grabbed them at one time. Last time I went in a scrap yard was around 12 years ago, to source a night heater for my car. Part was £1000 new, I paid around £75.

Whats actually wrong with secondhand upvc windows? If the windows are the correct size and the glazing is intact why is there a problem?

Genuine question.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back