Useless window fitters

• Thread starter Deleted member 307320
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 307320

Not actually a DIY post, but definitely a nightmare...

Booked a company to replace my double glazing 18 months ago, but they've cocked everything up over and over and over again and it's still not completed. They've been back about 10 times, have mismeasured repeatedly, ordered things wrongly, bodged bits, lost items and had to replace etc.

I've not paid the bill in full, but when I do there is no way I'm accepting anything less than a serious discount.

Total is £13k, of which £5,750 is unpaid.

What is a realistic discount to expect for a simple job being completed over a year late, and requiring about 10 days of rescheduled appointments due to their incompetence?!

Sponsored Links
I would expect 20% off. You have to be so careful with window men because many of them are amateurs and I have seen similar lash ups to yours in the past. These days I always tell folk to choose a local firm which has been in business for at least 5 yrs or of course do it yourself (yes I have done that too, it is not rocket science).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back