Using drill as screwdriver

Sponsored Links
wasted ten quid on a crap Chinese "tool" and found out that your (no doubt no name) manual rivet gun is crap.
After waiting for my no-name china circlip pliers to arrive, I can confirm the rivet tool is seriously heavy duty. So heavy duty, in fact, they didn't bother to pack grease for the bearing. This is going to be a life time tool.

rivet-tool.png

Sponsored Links
The bearing assembly was very likely to be made from tool steel. They may have used machine oil on it. But, I packed it with grease and can expect a life time supply of cheap and high quality looking boxes.

The bearing assembly was very likely to be made from tool steel. They may have used machine oil on it. But, I packed it with grease and can expect a life time supply of cheap and high quality looking boxes.

Whilst looking for an alligator saw on Amazon today, I came across product suggestions for cheap Chinese tat reciprocating saw attachments for drills.

I am reminded of the pants attachments that were available for the old metal Black and Decker drills.

I am aware that you think that all tradesmen are charlatans that were pushed out of the womb to rip off fine upstanding people like you, but can you explain why I have about 7 sanders that cost a total of about £3000 when I could pay £20 for a drill attachment from Amazon?

After waiting for my no-name china circlip pliers to arrive, I can confirm the rivet tool is seriously heavy duty. So heavy duty, in fact, they didn't bother to pack grease for the bearing. This is going to be a life time tool.

View attachment 302429
Nothing says quality more than having to repair a tool after a few uses.

I still haven't worked out if your account is a parody account or not. If yes, kudos.

I am aware that you think that all tradesmen are charlatans that were pushed out of the womb to rip off fine upstanding people like you, but can you explain why I have about 7 sanders that cost a total of about £3000 when I could pay £20 for a drill attachment from Amazon?
Bad jobs attract bad jobs comes to mind. I think I have 3 sanders somewhere. But, I use a block of wood.

Well, the drill passed its MOT with flying colours. No lost of torque could be perceived. Polishing car or polishing floor will be all fine.

drill-works.png

First rivet of the day and it's easy piecey. The new driver smells of burning even without load. It also gets warm a bit quick. No doubt the resident motor winders (windups?) will be telling me it will blow. Maybe it will, I got it at good price.

View attachment 300697
Nah, we are bowing to your far superior, in-depth knowledge of the intricacies of the workings of electric motors.

Now we know that this knowledge can be picked up by skimming a few Google pages and glimpsing at a few YT videos, we can sleep soundly at night, knowing all our experience gained over many years in the trade, is in safe hands such as your own.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back