Using Humidity sensor on Tado TRV to control Kasa Smart Plug to run the Dehumidifier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys..
Has anyone here tried to use Humidity sensor on Tado TRV to control Kasa Smart Plug to run the Dehumidifier. I have tried with Alexa but I cannot create a routine with the tado humidity sensor ( they do not seem to be available as an option to select). What I am ideally looking for is to create a routine to turn ON the Smart plug when the humidity sensor reaches above 60% and turn OFF the Smart plug when the humidity sensor reaches below 55%.
I did also try with IFTTT, and the good thing is it does allow you to create an applet with all necessary details (TRV Room name = Living Room as updated in TADO)but its never triggered even when the conditions are met. The applet seems to never run even when forced to run using "check now". The sensors for some reason do not seem to report any back. delinking and linking the account again also does not help.

Has anybody got this working?

1673007386808.png

1673007481305.png

1673007036714.png

Sponsored Links
Have you measured the Humidity? This house, at moment 50% at 19.7°C, but last house rare did it go below 65% it would be in the main between 65 and 75%, father-in-law same design of house, but gas cooker, and 75 - 85% once you exceed 85% I have found the meters seem to fail, they don't dry out enough.

The big problem is we are not really measuring humidity, we are measuring relative humidity, and this is altered with temperature. So location is rather important.

Using the switches built into extractor fans they never seemed to work very well, as before they switched on, the room was warm, but the fan cooled the room down, so would run for hours before turning off.

I have tried using IFTTT and it was not as good as I expected, mainly as it relied on internet connection, I am sure you could do it. But not so sure if it would help or not.

IFTTT seems to be working well now after I tried disconnecting and connecting the applet again. I agree with you that we can't rely on tado values 100% but at least it gives us a baseline. I use Govee Bluetooth Hygrometer Thermometer H5075- They are great and quite accurate. You are also able to view the history of temperature and relative humidity records at a specific location using graphs. The only issue is I can't run automation/routines based on the values. They do offer WiFi-based Hygrometer, but haven't tested it. I'm sure you would be able to run some routines in Alexa. Need to test that one.

1673611325059.png

Govee Hygrometer !

1673610863658.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back