Installed Tado Smart Thermostat Starter Kit , hot water and radiator turn on at the same time.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi mates

I tried to install Tado Smart wireless Thermostat Starter Kit V3+ few days ago.

We are using Ideal Logic Heat 15 system boiler with a water tank on 1st floor, the old controllers are Danfoss TP9000MA and Danfoss TS2.

I just follow every step tado app told me to do and seem that everything are alright after the installation ( at least the boiler still working : ) )

When I turn the hot water on ( flip the virtual button in the app) , not only hot water is on , all the radiators are on too . Even thought the radiator can turn off by turing the TRV but i can't turn off rail radiator since there are no trv for turn off.

This is not normal when I use my old Danfoss TP9000 . It can separate boil a tank of hot water only or turn the radiators on.
Also , the boiler will be firing for few minutes in every hour. This is not happened when I use my old Danfoss TP9000 , too.

I think the problem might be come from wrong wiring. one of the attached image was the wiring from danfoss tp9000 , and the other one is tado extention kits.

How can I turn the CH off ? I just want hot water for shower.
also why the boiler firing up every hour even I set turn off in Tado app.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,
Ant

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-07-21 at 12.43.55 AM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-07-21 at 12.43.55 AM (1).jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 84
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-07-21 at 12.43.55 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-07-21 at 12.43.55 AM.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
The wire controlling the central heating would have been the black wire in the TP9000 terminal 4. The one in the picture below marked Heating N/O

1.jpeg

However the corresponding terminal on the Tado [also marked Central Heating NO] should now have the black wire from this terminal in in, but it doesn't, it's empty.

2.jpeg

You also have a brown wire in the hot water NC, a terminal which didn't have a wire connected to anything on the TP9000.

So, if the wires now in HW NC and HW NO were previously in 3 and 4 both are wrong. If this was the case, then:

The black wire that was in terminal 4 should now be in CH NO
The brown wire that was in terminal 3 should now be in HW NO

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back