Am I ordering the right TADO products for my Danfoss CH/HW system boiler or am I about to made a big mistake?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've read a few other threads with similar set-ups but am just a tad unsure on whether I'm about to order the right products.
Heating System.jpg

Downstairs zone heating + hot water:

Ideal Logic 15 system boiler with Danfoss TP9000 (wired). Sensor in hall with radiator without TRV.

Upstairs zone heating:

Danfoss TP5000 (battery powered) in bedroom with radiator without TRV

I want to replace it with a TADO system but am unsure as to the products I need.

I think I'll need:

Would this work? Appreciate the help in advance.

Sponsored Links
I think the Ideal Logic has OpenTherm, as far as I am aware EPH make a thermostat which can be configured as master/slave so you can use OpenTherm and zone valves, but it may be better to ditch zone valves and use electronic TRV heads instead.

The wired version of the thermostat is used by combi's that have a single heating zone. It's wired directly to the boiler and turns it on/off and controls the whole heating system. You have two zones and a stored hot water system. So, it's not for you because: You don't have a combi boiler, and even if you did, turning the boiler off, would turn off both heating zones. Your system will have motorised valves, one for each heating zone, so a single thermostat wired to the boiler would not work for your system.

You are close with your list of parts:

The 'Starter kit with hot water' has a 'Receiver' that replaces the TP9000. But it also comes with a remote thermostat, which will replace the remote sensor in the hallway so you don't need the extra wireless remote sensor as well.

Receiver.JPG

REPLACES TP9000 (Kitchen)

stat.JPG

REPLACES TS2 SENSOR (Hallway)

As you figured, the add on smart thermostat can replace the TP5000 upstairs.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The wired version of the thermostat is used by combi's that have a single heating zone. It's wired directly to the boiler and turns it on/off and controls the whole heating system. You have two zones and a stored hot water system. So, it's not for you because: You don't have a combi boiler, and even if you did, turning the boiler off, would turn off both heating zones. Your system will have motorised valves, one for each heating zone, so a single thermostat wired to the boiler would not work for your system.

You are close with your list of parts:

The 'Starter kit with hot water' has a 'Receiver' that replaces the TP9000. But it also comes with a remote thermostat, which will replace the remote sensor in the hallway so you don't need the extra wireless remote sensor as well.

View attachment 291292
REPLACES TP9000 (Kitchen)

View attachment 291293
REPLACES TS2 SENSOR (Hallway)

As you figured, the add on smart thermostat can replace the TP5000 upstairs.
Thank you so much for this! Yes I have a motorised hw valve / downstairs valve / upstairs valve. I can now stop procrastinating and get them ordered. Thank you again buddy!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back