using inverters to power computer gear

Sponsored Links
One application I remember from school was the HT supply for the transmitter section of a WS No19 (HF radio system used in tanks):

That rotary convertor would run a 230 volt AC hand drill ( yes the drill ran on DC as well as AC ) way back in 60's The drill was a Wolf Cub, my first power tool

And the 46 set, radio package on the front harness and the battery pack in the back pack. Throat mike was a option.

We didn't have 46s, but a few 31 sets which was all in a backpack, heavy b****r, and a bunch of 88 sets. Plus a few old 18 sets.

Great fun was had stringing ten or so of the 88 set 90V batteries in series and seeing how big an arc we could pull.

Sponsored Links
I also had a 22 set, but I can't seem to remember the details of that one - it was a similar format to the 19 set.

I used to use an R107 in my shed in my youth.
It was great to listen to.

Can't remember what happened to it.
I have a smaller trio valve receiver now, I keep it in the eaves out of the way as I can't hear a dicky bird now (s7 mush)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back