using leyland gloss paint - not happy with results

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
painted all the new skirting boards with Leyland gloss paint and not too happy with the results, its quite thick to put on and the finished result is a bit patchy. ive tried spraying it on and also using a brush.

would a dulux paint give a better finish? are leyland regarded as a good paint?

any recommendations please.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Leyland paint is good. It's you that can't paint. Sorry to be blunt about it, but it's true.

Nought wrong in my opinion with Leyland paints maybe try to thin a bit with white spirits to get a better flow.

Leyland paint is good. It's you that can't paint. Sorry to be blunt about it, but it's true.

..prob right on that one lol

how many coats of gloss would you recommend? ive put one on and not happy with results. whats the norm?

cheers

Sponsored Links
The key to a good finish is in the undercoat. Then just one gloss coat.

Personally I find one coat satin the best for skirting.

ok thanks for your advice. whats the best thing to do now then. lightly rub down and put another coat of gloss on or take it back more and re-apply undercoat?

thanks

I would just sand it to give a key, then apply another gloss coat.

I take it this is in your own house?

If so, take your time and you'll get something you're happy with.

Don't give up.

yes, my own house but carpets are arriving in a week so need to get it done quickly but also want it to look good. thanks il try another coat of gloss.

Indeed - go for that but get a Purdy brush :idea: costs£ , but it`ll help even a diy`er

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back