Using push fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to connect a new 15mm plastic pipe to an existing copper 3/4 inch pipe using a push fitting, are there any specific types i should use? is copper or plastic the best? Sorry if it's a silly question, i just want to make sure i get it right.

Sponsored Links
If it really is ¾ inch you cannot do it with push fit.
If it is 22mm then yes as you are connecting to plastic you might as well use plastic.
Remember plastic pipe needs an insert sold by the maker of the pipe.

Remember plastic pipe needs an insert sold by the maker of the pipe.

Been wondering about that?

If you use a JG pipe but with a Hep fitting should you use the JG insert or the Hep one?

Only ask as I wanted an outside tap on the garage and all the pipe was Hep but I couldn't (at the time) get a Hep fitting for the 3/4 tap, so got a JG speed one and used the Hep insert!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hep2o also do a 3/4" x 22mm Imperial to Metric adaptor then use a 22mm x 15mm spigot reducer.

Personally I would use a 22mm x 15mm compression reducing coupling with a 3/4" olive, the 15mm plastic will then go directly into the fitting, use a copper olive, pipe insert and PTFE tape if needed (do not use jointing paste) and do not over tighten

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back