Using slate effect ceramic tiles outdoors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

A bit of an odd question, but this got me thinking ...

I'm looking to re-edge my grass from the pathway, currently its just 15mm treated timber on edge, buried down about 4inches, leaving about 2inches on the grass edge face.

I was looking to replace the wood with slate, originally reclaimed slate roof tiles, but they are hugely expensive for what i'm trying to archive, but was wondering if slate effect ceramic floor times could work, say cut in half (150mm x 300mm) .... but how would they stand up to the weather in particular the rain ?

If not advisable, does anybody have any better suggestions ?

All appreciated
John

Sponsored Links
if you go for a frostproof porcelain you should be alright, but dont under estimate how hard these are to cut!

Alternatively you could buy slate tiles and cut those down (still a job to cut!"). we sell slate up to 1000mm long, as do loads of retailers.

Yeah, thanks, will have to give it some careful consideration when I get around to it, but looking quickly on Google and eBay etc, slate, even reclaimed slate, tends to be fairly expensive

Sponsored Links
yep, your talking at least £15 m2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back