using tile paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to paint my bathroom with tile paint, any advice on using this stuff greatly appreciated, pros and cons. There is one area that is prone to condensation, will the paint lift here?

Sponsored Links
I want to paint my bathroom with tile paint, any advice on using this stuff greatly appreciated, pros and cons. There is one area that is prone to condensation, will the paint lift here?

In my experience painted tiles usually look rubbish.

Yes, it will lift sooner or later.

Cheers
Richard

Used it in our kitchen as a short term measure, at least I thought short term. Had disgusting poop brown (!) tiles and I painted em white just to tide us over until we got to fix the kitchen up. That was 2 years ago and they're fine! Paint hasn't lifted at all, even right next to the cooker & boiling water etc.

However, they do look absolutely terrible. Tile paint is pretty naff! It's thick, gloopy, shows every imperfection and you can't scrub em clean because the paint will come off. You get soap stain or hair dye etc on them and you won't be able to clean it off easily.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back