Using timer contacts to start/stop pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I use the contacts from the boiler timer to start and stop system pump? The contacts on the timer are rated at 1 amp and the full load current of the pump is 0.4A.

This hopefully would solve problem of pump running continuously

Thanks

Ian

Sponsored Links
What's the boiler - many have Pump outputs.
Is there a thermostat?
Ratings - oh yeah, they're all pretty marginal !

Its a baxi Barcelona. I have looked at the wirng diagram and cannot see pump output.

As for the thermostat, I assume you mean an overun stat. Not one of them either!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
giblets said:
Pump output connection is terminal p/f.

Only for use when the boiler flow switch is being used as a boiler interlock e.g. full TRV system.

Only for use when the boiler flow switch is being used as a boiler interlock e.g. full TRV system.

The MI states that "The pump can be wired directly to the system controls or to the P/F connector of the boiler." It then goes on to say that "The P/F connection should only be used on a full TRV system without a bypass."

giblets said:
The MI states that "The pump can be wired directly to the system controls or to the P/F connector of the boiler." It then goes on to say that "The P/F connection should only be used on a full TRV system without a bypass."

Yes... and your point is?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back