Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Dystopia, a small island too close to Europe
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
IMHO -
I'd judge that as acceptable and not worthy of complaint. Qualitatively it's a risky direction to go, because it acknowledges race. Acceptability depends mostly on whether any derogation is implied - here none, I think.
I don't have much time for those who CHOOSE to be offended where no offense is intended.
There IS a line, but it's often difficult to draw. Humour obfuscates it, both rightly and wrongly.

Reminder of the TV advert for a Google Pixel phone where a black woman says that with other phones ~~ "all you can see is my teeth".
"AJ" Odudu, a British television presenter from Blackburn, England.
1682945136860.png

Someone complains
Everything depends on context

There are those who complain that these
iu
promote racism.

My personal reaction is that if true, it's below significance level.

Sponsored Links
What did Martin say that was deemed racist?

Racist yes, but almost certainly no malicious intent so a quick apology and everything is good again.

That he's been fired and blackballed from commentating is way out of line.

Media loves to make up stories...have you not noticed ? a lot of the media post comments on social media then write about their own comments to get a bit of click bait cash ?...don't be so easily triggered. Along with the normal wind up merchants who just love to get a few laughs from prodding the sheeple...

The guy that posted this as a wind up , ie the supposed racist remark said this about his post....ucking hell, got some nibbles on this one
@JoeBristerr...

Last edited:
If I don't agree with you, then you must be a <insert>: racist, nazi, fascist, paedophile, extreme right winger, extreme left winger . . . . !

It won't open for me

OK I've seen it. Under todays rules made by the minority flakes it is racist.

So 99.9 % of the country is racist as I doubt very few choose their words 100% all of the time and definitely if we were all in an industry beemed live to the world.

I mean we see worse on here. Saying this:
Laurence Fox should have told that bloke to go back to his corner shop.
About a senior lecturer in infectious diseases, because he's ethnic Asian. That's blatant racism and it's being used maliciously.

Often I talk to black men who's maybe a delivery driver or a runs a shop. They call me "Boss"
I tell them I'm not your boss.

Are they being racist in suggesting I'm a slave trader?

Often I talk to black men who's maybe a delivery driver or a runs a shop. They call me "Boss"
I tell them I'm not your boss.

Are they being racist in suggesting I'm a slave trader?
No. Slave owner would be master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back