Uv value of Infill panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone quote me the Uv value of a 28mm infill panel.

I am thinking of replacing some windows in our conservatory with infill panels to reduce the amount of glazing and hopefully some heat loss.

I've considered the loss of light but as the windows in question are adjacent to a 6' fence I don't think I'll lose that much.

Don't know if this will make much difference so any advice gratefully received

Cheers

Derek

Sponsored Links
Depends on the insulation within the panel and whether the sandwich is formed with glass (spandrel panel) or otherwise, something around 0.35 if glass, higher if non glass. Can't see it making a lot (if any) difference to your heat loss overall though tbh.

Thanks for your reply chap.

The panels are 28mm thick and made by a company called Rocal based in Brigg.

The inner and outer skins are manufactured from vacuum formed 1.5mm thick PVCsheet called Paldoor.
The panelcore is a composite sandwich consisting of 9mmMoisture Resistant (MR) Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) reinforcing between polystyrene.

I was hoping that by reducing the amount of glazing by approx 33% and changing the remaining to Planitherm might help retain the heat within the conservatory.

Regards

Derek

Polystyrene won't be as good as the figures I've quoted. Gonna be hard to measure in terms of how much less heating you will need. The forum is littered with peeps complaining how useless their conservatory are in the cold months.

Sponsored Links
You'd be far better getting the door all glass with planitherm low e and warm edge spacer. We got a letter from one of our door panel suppliers saying pretty much that any panel we get from them with 9mm MDF reinforcing in it will give an overall door u value of not much better than 2.0. in some designs it was as high as 2.9.

they said only by reducing the amount of the MDF reinforcing could the uvalue achieve around 1.6 or better, and even then it was only a handful of designs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back