V Noisy Baxi Solo 24HE Bolier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2yr old Baxi 24HE boiler that started making a horrible growling noise around 2 wks ago. It still works fine but the noise can be heard from the bottom of the drive and drives the neighbour's cats mad!

The noise appeared to be coming from under the fire box so I bought a new fan and have just fitted it but the noise remains. Can any one suggest what else could be causing the noise?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No Lightning, I'm not Gas Safe - won't be entering fire box. Just wanted to know if it was a simple job of replacing gasket or O-ring on condensate venturi system. Is it a common problem with a simple fix?

Thanks

Rocketmen................5...4...3...2....1....Lift off !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
No Lightning, I'm not Gas Safe - won't be entering fire box. Just wanted to know if it was a simple job of replacing gasket or O-ring on condensate venturi system. Is it a common problem with a simple fix?

Thanks

Well so far you have replaced the fan which was obviously not necessary!

Unfortunately in doing that you have entered the sealed combustion chamber.

If it was simple you would not be needing to ask here!

We dont give advice here on DIY gas work so the only suggestion that I can make is that you engage a registered engineer to check your boiler for safety.

Tony

Thanks Baxmax. I'm not into taking risks and have no problem getting an Engineer involved if you advise that the solution requires it.

Is it your thought that my boiler needs some major works. I'm just looking for help/advice.

ta

Does the noise appear as soon as it fires ?
Or does it appear after it has heated up ?

Thanks again Baxmax. The noise starts as soon as the burners fire up.

Again, I'm not look to practice any DIY, just want some thoughts as to what the problem might be and, now, what I might expect to get it fixed.

Would a new boiler be the best approach if the problem could be one of many costly alternatives?

Thanks

Probably sludge in heat exchanger, get yourself a bottle of cleaner.

Heat x sludge/blockage etc usually occurs about 20mins in when temp is reached.but good call

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back