V quick question for any plumbers/DIYers pls :-)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does brand-spanking new, unused, unopened factory sealed etc Sentinel x800 have a small hole in the cap - that also goes through the seal - as per the attached pictures?

Would anyone be so kind as to post a photo of the top of their bottles if it's convenient to do so?

Thanks very much,

whitling2k

Sponsored Links
As far as I know, no Sentinel products have such a hole. I bought some x100 today and that was securely sealed. You may have done my friend. Was is sold at a bargain price? Usually £17--20.

yeah - I'm 99% confident that I've been done - I'm trying to sort that 1% "it's for expansion" thought before I lay the law on Ebay!

I bought some biocide stuff (X700) and it came with the same cap with a hole- it managed to leak slightly in transit. This was from a reputable merchant so it should be legit.

Sponsored Links
So with the hole how was it delivered without leaking?

Seems to me the inside has been sucked out and replaced with water.

If you pour some into a glass the correct stuff is pretty thick and as dark as very weak tea!

Its not even a neat machine made hole in the centre!

Tony

Cheers guys,

Thing is - even if the holes are legit, the stuff inside is not going to help clean my system - it's orange with a slightly oily consistency; but what really roused my suspicions were the lumps, they look like coagulated chunks of sawdust.

What I'm trying to ascertain - have I been defrauded - i.e. the stuff replaced - or have I been sold old stock that's gone off.

If the former - I'll not be sending it back, but the latter - I'll sent it back.

The hole in the cap is maybe 1-2mm, but the hole in the actual seal is much much smaller - like the cap has been drilled and the seal has been syringed - it really is a pin-prick (a bit like the guy that sold it :rolleyes: )

From what I'm seeing on the internet it's the latter - I bet it's a pressure release type thing - the stuff's not fit for use either way so definitely wanting my money back!

thanks for all your help,

whitling2k

Had a few like that from PTS,i even showed the rep from sentinel.He said it was a bad batch so I got them exchanged.

well what do you know - the hole is supposed to be in there! I emailed Sentinel - they confirmed it..

But they also confirmed that sentinel x800 is not lumpy and orange... so I'll definitely pursue my money back, but probably not make a huge song and dance about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back