Vacuum pump connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a recently aquired medical grade piston vacuum pump that i intend to use for vacuum bagging.

It has however arrived with no flex It simply has 3 Wires.

1. Bare ended green and yellow which is obviously earth.

2. Crimp ended brown wire which i presume to be the live

3. Crimp ended White wire which by process of elimination must be the neutral.

Has anyone come across white sheathing in a similar type of appliance?

Can anyone confirm the obvious assumptions above are correct before i put a flex on and destroy it by assuming wrong?

It is essentially a single phase electric motor pump and the only other wiring visible is to the start capacitor but it is blue and terminates inside the unit which I obviously dont need to worry about.

If noone can confirm the colouring how best should i go about testing it? Can i test continuity between the capacitor terminals and the wiring or any other ideas. dont really want to take it apart too much if i can avoid it.

Thanks. Oh and mftr is obselete, this is a new old stock unit that has been sat in a warehouse. It was labelled as previously destined for the NHS trust in Glasgow so was EC conformed i assume.

Sponsored Links
1) Are you are this is a 230v appliance? look for a data plate somewhere

2) Is it definatly brown and white? not black and white?

Does it have a terminal box you can open, or is it "sealed" with just these wires sticking out ? If there's a terminal box, then open it and have a look at what's inside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back