Vacuum solution for table saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
so got my new DeWalt DW745 table saw. it has dust ports on top of the riving housing (36mm i think) and below the blade at the back (54mm i think).
Now ideally i'd love to be able to hook up a vacuum to both at the same time, so i'd need a split flexi-hose with the correct adaptors. I'm thinking same size hose connecting for both, so i'd be using the reducer on the back as opposed to fitting a 54mm hose directly to it.
Anyone tried this with any measure of success?
I currently have a hetty cleaner attached to my DW777XPS, but thought about making or buying a cyclone to avoid clogging the old girl up. Would adding a cyclone into the mix reduce suction? Especially if i want to split the suction tube to go 2 ways?

All advice appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
This may help you in terms of getting connected to the saw:

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/dewalt-745-extraction-t83284.html

DeWalt also make a hose kit but I'm not entirely sure it's suited to the 745

Cyclones don't reduce the amount of airflow or suction, they simply help separate off heavy particles before they hit the filter. You should infact get the same performance (not degrading as quickly) for longer than you would expect as you're not clogging up bags or filters as quickly.

Your biggest current bottleneck is the Hetty vacuum.

i have the 54v flexvolt version and would only bother with the bottom vent as the blade drags the sawdust into the front so little will go elsewhere

Hetty is pretty darn powerful to be fair.
I don’t use a bag anymore, instead just tip her contents into the bin when full and then clean her filter with the Dyson.
If I was to dump her for a new model what would you peoples recommend? (Want to keep costs down though).

Sponsored Links
I bought a Titan vacuum a while back to hook up to my Grinder and I was impressed with the suction.
About £70 if I remember right.

I bought a Titan vacuum a while back to hook up to my Grinder and I was impressed with the suction.
About £70 if I remember right.

I have a titan vac which is ok for getting up most dirt and I wouldn't use it with fine dust myself; filtration just isn't good enough.

Won't the hose on the top get in the way?

With regards to brands, I am happy with my Festool dust extractors.

Whichever one you go for, make sure that it has a power take off for the saw so that it turns on as soon as the saw turns on.

Google for " cyclone dust collector plans woodsmith " for the details of a cart to make.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back