Vailant eco-Tec"pro" 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Recently had some rads off to decorate and changed a few valves etc.
When the pump overun finishes there is a click noise which is heard.
It doesn't come from inside the boiler eg a switching noise, but seems to come from the pipes themselves. The pump has started to sound a bit ruff lately, like its bearings need an oil, how easy are these to replace. Its only 18months old though.

Also has anyone had problems with the aqua sensor rattling?
Mine rattles when pressure is on full.
Pressure isn't really high though which confuses me. Just turning the pressure down a bit is enough to calm the rattle.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I forgot to mention that when heating is not called for anymore the actual boiler makes a loud bump. Similar to the type of bump when the gas is lit and it has built up before ignition.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately your descriptions are a bit vague. It is a shame that you didn't go for the Ecotec Plus 831, you'd have got a 2 year warranty with that. The pro is targeted at new build and is a cut down version.

I take it by what you call the aqua sensor you mean the flow sensor that spins to let boiler know how much water is going through.

Haven't heard of probs yet.

You may be unlucky and have a dodgy pump but may be bad install and dirt in system (sorry Kev, but it's not my answer to everything :rolleyes: )

Would help if you were a bit more specific ;)

Cheers for reply.
Very diffiult to be more descriptive about the pump noise, but I agree it could be a birt of dirt. The system was hot and cold flushed, but not power.
Its been in for a year and a half now, and I've drained it twice. There was a fair bit of black gunk on the rad valves I replaced.
Would the system benefit from a power flush now?
I've been quoted £350 which seems a bit steep. Location: S.London.

Sponsored Links
No its not!

The "aquasensor" is a turbine DHW flow sensor which spins a magnet and induces an AC voltage in the static pickup coil. They are a little noisy but would not bother a normal person.

The boiler PCB senses the resulting AC voltage and interprets that as a DHW demand.

Its not made clear in the MI if its also used to control the gas rate. I very much doubt it because the temperature rise is more relevant!

£350 for powerflushing in a house is a typical price for a job done well using quality Fernox or Sentinel products.

Tony

Agile, surely higher temp means more gas!?
You can hear the fans kick in which to me means more gas is being burned as it is being exhausted. Just a theory on how these magical (expensive) beasts work.

If you take the sensor out and blow down it you can hear the fan rattle like a cheap piece of plastic. Its like the spindle isn't thick enough for the turbine coupling and it rattles against the side.

Bit of a design flaw there.
Nice to know I'm not a normal person.

So... softus; not a fan of powerflushing?

Anyone have an idea what the banging is when the gas is no longer demanded? (DHW & CH)

timbalcombe said:
So... softus; not a fan of powerflushing?
I'm completely open-minded about it. It's Agile who thinks it's primarily a show for the customer. :confused:

One of the primary reasons for the 'flow turbine ' is to make sure that the boiler switches to hot water only when there is a 'proper' demand and not just a dripping tap etc like the Ideal isars respond to!

Whether you think powerflushing is worth it is debateable. I always tell customers that even a full and professional powerflush will get the system about 90/95% clean.

£350 + VAT is what I charge for up to 7 radiators. Thought London would have been more :rolleyes:

I always tell customers that even a full and professional powerflush will get the system about 90/95% clean.

Fernox say "up to 80%" !
(So 20% is 1.4 rads full, nice!)

gas4you said:
£350 + VAT is what I charge for up to 7 radiators. Thought London would have been more

There is more competition in London.

We usually say "about £300 inc" to the telephone canvassers. They never come back so someone is reliably doing them for a lot less.

We do very few independent PFs but probably do more remedial treatments after someone else has done a PF but left the boiler blocked afterwards!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back