noisy eco tec pro 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi peeps,

Back again with another problem with this boiler.
Some of you may be aware of the sealant problems with the h/e.
It was swapped out for a graphite one.

The boiler now seems to rattle! It sounds like there is something trapped inside. I can't see how this is possible!

The noise sounds like grit or something being bobbed around and hitting metal.
I only notice it on heating because the damn thing makes so much noise from the noisy aqua sensor rattling ayway it is impossible to tell if its heating only.

Any ideas?
I am thinking I might need a powerflush as the system never had one.
The noise is intermittent though and is based towards the bottom.

Sponsored Links
Must be quite new then. Is it still under manufacturers 1 year warranty, If so call them out, although if it hasn't been flushed and they bother to test it you could be stuck.

Ecotec pro is the only Vaillant I won't fit

Very basic cut down version, no modulating pump, 1 year warranty, designed specifically for an entry point for cost in the contracts market. For the extra £50 the Plus offers so much more including 2 year warranty. One breakdown after the 1 year and it's cost you more than you initially saved :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
gas4you if vaillants are that good surely they should not be breaking down in under 2 years. ;)

oh dear, looks like we've been slightly conned into getting a cheaper boiler.
All in all its still a vaillant, so its probably better than a b&q boiler no?

Its nearly 2 years old now, and the only problem I've had is the noise issue with the aqua sensor

namsag said:
gas4you if vaillants are that good surely they should not be breaking down in under 2 years. ;)

No they shouldn't do but we all know any make can and will, but for the sake of £50 :rolleyes:

oh dear, looks like we've been slightly conned into getting a cheaper boiler.

Who conned you, a merchant or an installer.

All in all its still a vaillant, so its probably better than a b&q boiler no?

yes, it is far better than any diy shed boiler.

has the pump been checked, there maybe excess solder or something rattling around in the pump, was the system power flushed prior to the boiler being fitted or after even :?:

Air sounds like gravel. Check the auto air vent's open.

The flow sensor would be the same on the £50 dearer model, if that's any consolation!

Thanks to all. I restricted the CH flow and brought it back to full, and this seems to have cured the problem - For now.

Watch this space!
Cheers everyone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back