Vailant ecomax 835 problem

P

peter1450

Hi
Have the above boiler(just out of the 2 year warranty) :( Fires and runs but no hot water and the radiators are only getting luke warm. Was told to fit a new diverter valve but the problems exactly the same. Any suggestions?
Cheers Pete.

Sponsored Links
Are you getting any fault codes?

When the boiler does this press the i button and post what S code is displaying.

First impression would possibly be the pump.

Hi Dave
Display reads S53 ..........book says"delay mode due to lack of water in system(-20 mins)". The system was topped up after fitting the diverter valve , so certainly not a lack of water as far as i can tell.
Cheers Pete.
ps, when it fires in hot water mode the burner switches off after approx 10 seconds.

Did the engineer run through the purge procedure after re-filling?

Switch off at boiler front, then back on again whilst holding + & - buttons together, keep holding these until P0 appears then let go. Press 'i' and boiler will purge its self. Also check that auto air vent valve is loose.

If that doesn't cure it then I would suspect the pump has somehow stuck.

Undo the large screw in the centre of it and insert a flat bladed screwdriver and turn. Watch out for some water running out when you do this.

Sponsored Links
Hi Dave Thanks for your prompt reply.Went through the purge procedure and checked the pump...............the impeller is spinning.The boiler starts ,runs for approx 10 seconds and then cuts out.Is it possible for the impeller to spin but not pump under load(ie broken keyway)?Pete.

UPDATE :confused: Boiler just shutdown ..................snowing fault code F23.

Water level low
Temperature range too wide

Pump obstructed,pump runningat lower capacity.
Air in appliance,system pressure too low.
Flow and backflow NTC reversed.

Any more suggestions or do i bite the bullet and call out British Gas for a fixed price repair!! ???
Pete.

I would get in touch with your installer. If like me he is a loyal Vaillant only installer then the local sales rep should be able to arrange a goodwill call from Vaillant.

If it is only a couple of months out of warranty I certainly would be able to get this for my customers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back