Vailant Ecotec Pro 28 - Sudden Loss of Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Bit of a newbie here, I will be calling a plumber but I was unsure whether or not I needed to call my insurance first.

The story starts with the heating going on Sunday night and then in the morning, no water in the boiler due to lack of Pressure. The boiler was installed 14 months ago.

Anyway, re-pressurised and then when we got home from Work it needed doing again. (And its been the same since)

Heres the fun part:

14 months ago when the boiler was put in a damp patch appeared on the wall, I called the engineer back and he said to me that the patch on the wall couldn't be caused by a leak as the boiler isn't losing pressure (Which it wasn't, its been solid for 14 months minus a leaky radiator valve). He also said that it would be coming through the floor, which it wasn't / isn't. (See picture)

The patch on the wall is no bigger or smaller than it ever was but the boiler is losing .1 bar every 30 minutes.

No radiators leaking no water escaping anywhere that I can visibly see.

The condensate pipe out the back is constantly flowing, but I have been told this is normal too!

Any suggestions, or bite the bullet and grab my hammer?

Attachments

• 20160824_195202.jpg
    20160824_195202.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 209
Sponsored Links
Are those pipes under concrete.
To confirm whether it is the boiler. Isolate the flow and return valves under the boiler - Far Left & Far Right. If it is still losing pressure then it looks like your heat exchanger is goosed and flowing into the condensate. Boiler Warranty Time

Just to confirm when you mean condensate pipe, is that the plastic pipe or the little copper pipe that turns back in on itself towards the wall.

Hi thanks for the response, the condensate pipe is the plastic pipe that carries the slightly acidic waste (apparently)

As you can see by the picture its constantly flowing, which apparently is normal, the leakage outside of the pipe is not normal. I need to fix that. (Cant add the picture in, but its basically just plenty of water flowing out of the pipe, down and onto the floor outside)

The pipes to the rad are under the floor in concrete I believe, but if its been leaking since it went in would I have expected to have seen this pressure dropping sooner? And the floor would be ruined surely?

Just don't want to start smashing floors up if its not necessary.

With the boiler, is it just a case of turning some knobs and I wont need to drain the system or anything?

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back