Vailant - Loss of Pressure (in a flat)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry to post yet another loss of pressure question - however, I would appreciate any advice that could be given.

We have a Vailant Combi Boiler.
About 3 months ago we noticed a fluctuation in pressure. We called Br Gas who said that the pressurisation vessell needed re-pumping - they did this work.

However, the pressure never really lifted. British Gas were called out again and applied some sealant to the system. The boiler was filled but continued to lose pressure - it stabilised at 0.5bar.

We called British Gas a third time who filled the boiler again. Although it has stabilised somewhat it is again losing pressure about 0.1bar a day.

We have checked the release valve and there is no water coming from it.

The obvious thing is a leak. However, we live in a flat. We don't get on with the people underneath (because of previous leaks to the bath and the toilet etc!!). They have not noticed anything. They would be the first to shout if there was anything. What a nightmare eh?

Someone suggesting replacing all the pipes. However, we have carpetted floor boards. It would cause major disruption and cost to do this. It seems like looking for a needle in a haystack and a bit over the top.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to detect the leak without tearing up the place?

Sponsored Links
Are you sure those clowns did the job right when they came around the last time time?
Wouldn't be the first time it takes them 10 visits to solve a really obvious fault.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure those clowns did the job right when they came around the last time time?
Wouldn't be the first time it takes them 10 visits to solve a really obvious fault.

Don't know. The boiler is quite loud when I put the hot water on.

However, when I put the heating on the boiler goes to nearly 2 bar - perfect.

Of course it goes back down again when the water cools.

Does this give any clues as to whether there is a lack of water in the system? or it is the pressurisation vessell?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back