Vaillant 282 1e divertor valve problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have damage the water restrictor on the outlet to the DHW diverter valve, been to the Plumb Centre boiler spares dept and was shown that this item was not required, I think they may be wrong because I am sure that the restrictor gives a pressure diferential to allow the diaphram, to lift, am I right. If so does anyone out there know where to obtain a replacement.... Cheers Al.

Sponsored Links
Since I broke it the DHW doesn't work what could the problem be now then???

If you follow the water path you would see that the restrictor is in series with the diverter valve which measures the flow rate so removing it can only increase the flow rate.

We cannot guess what you have done to stop the boiler from working!

If we knew why you were taking it apart in the beginning it might give us a clue!

Wife: Are you watching football this afternoon?

Hubby: No, I am going to take the flow restrictor out of the boiler.

Wife: Are you sure thats wise?

Hubby ( two hours later ) No it wasn't!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony, the reason I was there in the first place was because the boiler stopped working for the DHW, so as before I went in to change to usual problem, the diaphram. Well when it took it out it seemed OK so I went looking else where, the restrictor was clogged with lime scale so then when trying to clean that oppps that done that in. While I was there I also checked that the micro switch was working which it was. Maybe the lever foot that works the switch may be worn will be checking on that one but Hmm dont know on that. I have now turned up another restrictor to fit tomorrow fingers crossed, I will keep this updated.... Regards Al.

UPDATE>>>>>UPDATE

Well I made a new brass restrictor and fitted it and hey presto it all works just fine and dandy, so much for Plumb Centre saying it was not required...AL

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back