Vaillant 415 ecoTEC plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this new boiler installed few months ago.
now I have something strange the boiler has to two temperature controls one for CH ( 30 °C - 75 °C ) and one for HW ( 35 °C- 65 °C ) when i set the controls at two different temperatures the boiler will go for the lower one to be more precise I set the CH at 45 °C and the HW at 60 °C the CH will work fine but the water dose not go hot enough to 60 °C it only heat to the CH temperature which 45 °C if I want the water to be hot I have to rise the CH to 60 °C . I have a programmer and a thermostat I set the HW on a timer and the CH on all day and let the thermostat control the CH .

My equation is this normal or there is something wrong with my boiler or installation . why the when set two different temperatures the boiler go for the lower one and don't operate separately ?

Sponsored Links
Exactly what timer is it you have?

Unless it is a swanky Vaillant one, the hot water knob does nothing and you need to leave the heating one at around 70.

Exactly what timer is it you have?

Unless it is a swanky Vaillant one, the hot water knob does nothing and you need to leave the heating one at around 70.

I have a Drayton LP722 . but the timer works fine and the boiler will heat the water separately if I set the two control to the same temp .

Sponsored Links
Viper, why did you not ask your installer?

In any case he is meant to have explained to you how the controls work!

Tony

you are indeed correct, the boiler operates to the lowest temperature if the two knobs.

To allow you to run the two at different temperatures, you need a vaillant vrc65 or 66.

I queried this before with Vaillant tech.

The hot water control is there for when you use Vaillant controls.

If you are using other controls you should set the HW stat to off otherwise it can confuse the boiler ( apparently)

Not had any call outs for this issue though

thank you all for your help .

the installer told me to put the 2 controls on max . however after few months I notice the CH gets too hot too quick thats why I tried to set 2 different temp .
now my only option is to buy a vaillant timer .

No, all you need to do is to set the boiler CH knob to an appropriate temperature.

70 C would be a good starting point! That will work both CH and HW.

Tony

No, all you need to do is to set the boiler CH knob to an appropriate temperature.

70 C would be a good starting point! That will work both CH and HW.

Tony

70 C its way too hot at the moment its set to 60 C and the CH still too hot I want to control them separately because I set the CH to 45 C and it was perfect but the water wasn't hot enough thats way I want a vaillant timer but I don't know how easy to install it myself or I need to call someone to do it for me .

They cost about £200-£300 and are fairly easy to connect but may need some skills to set up.

A cheap alternative for someone with electronics skills is to use a small circuit built into a Tupperware box which simply alters the flow temperature when using hot water only.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back