Vaillant 630 Boiler not heating on demand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry: :cry:

I have a Vailant 630 Boiler and its connected to both hot water cylinder and radiator.

It seems to work sporadically but the hot water is always working properly, the radiators heat-up randomly and i can't work out a pattern when they are working. I need for them to work on demand as its getting colder.

The status message on the boiler when I press the (i) button is S30, in the manual this means no demand... but i have the wireless thermostat turned up full. It seems like the boiler is not getting the instruction of that the radiator on-demand is turned off.

Does anyone know how to turn this on?

I have had the heating company in a few times just for it to keep resetting after some power dips or mains outages which happen form time to time.

I would be truly grateful if someone could point me in the right direction please,

Kind regards,

R

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response,

There are two of these valves one is honeywell f3 and the other a honeywell f40 I might have got the numbers wrong so i took a photo they are difficult to read.

They both have a little lever on them if that helps and inside them they have a wheel that spins up and down depending if they are engergised it seems...

hope this helps,

R

one of the valves is for hot water the other is for the heating, usually easy to see which is which, turn off the hot water and turn up the room stat to max and see if the lever on the side of the heating valve goes floppy and the boiler fires up.

Sponsored Links
I have turned off the hot water on the boiler down to 15C and the boiler display lost the tap that was displayed but no valve noise.

I turned up the room stat up to max and no response, then turned it down and got a response from the valve on the right. Turned it up and the valve on the right spun up. The boiler displays S30, no demand? at this time...

The boiler does not have a raiditor indicator on it though and its not firing up.

If i manually push the lever on the left valve when the hot water is turned on the boiler fires up for a few seconds and displays both the tap and the raditor but then turns off.

If i press the - and + together the boiler does like self test and heats the raditors for a brief time, I would say 5 minutes.

any ideas?

R

The valve on the right is the heating valve which is opening in response to the room stat, the micro switches inside the valve arent making so the boiler isint coming on, you can change the head without draining down, fairly easy to do just remember to turn off the leccy before you start.

Thank You, do you perhaps know if there is a manual override, for now till i get the heads changed?
R

fraid not but if you leave the room stat turned up you will get heating when ever the hot water is calling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back