Vaillant 824 combi hot water

Yes, try the wires at their source. Most likely get the same readings. I`d be very surprised if you don`t.

Sponsored Links
peitho said:
With the tap off the red & black read 9.6.
Try the reading with the tap ON for pete sake. The readings will mean nothing with it off.
Whatever the voltage is between black and red you should get an approximate half of that between green and either one with you meter on VOLTS DC by the way.

Stan

pannierstan said:
Agile said:
The diverter valve is mounted at an angle so you could describe the movement in the vertical or horizontal directions.

I chose the horizontal as I thought that would be the easiest to understand.

Tony

The valve is mounted so the movement direction would be up and down.

Stan

The one I went to yesterday is mounted at an angle of about 35° above the horizontal. I therefore consider I was right to use left-right as it resolves to a greater "y" axis movement.

I was cleaning the plate and ended up with a leaking DHW "o" ring seal with the problem compounded because the DHW valve under the boiler would not turn fully off and there was no stopcock in the house and I had to turn off supply in the street. It did not help that the mains pressure was very high at about 3 Bar.

That was the first time I have ever had a problem with that but looking back perhaps thats just because I have been lucky.

Tony

Tony

Agile said:
pannierstan said:
Agile said:
The diverter valve is mounted at an angle so you could describe the movement in the vertical or horizontal directions.

I chose the horizontal as I thought that would be the easiest to understand.

Tony

The valve is mounted so the movement direction would be up and down.

Stan

The one I went to yesterday is mounted at an angle of about 35° above the horizontal. I therefore consider I was right to use left-right as it resolves to a greater "y" axis movement.

I was cleaning the plate and ended up with a leaking DHW "o" ring seal with the problem compounded because the DHW valve under the boiler would not turn fully off and there was no stopcock in the house and I had to turn off supply in the street. It did not help that the mains pressure was very high at about 3 Bar.

That was the first time I have ever had a problem with that but looking back perhaps thats just because I have been lucky.

Tony

Tony

I wouldnt call 3 bar mains pressure "Very high" .

Sponsored Links
You would not in Yorkshire perhaps but in London you are lucky to get 1.5 bar static to pressurise a boiler.

Particularly on the first or second floor.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back