Vaillant 824 TurboMax Plus How Water Issue

Sponsored Links
Ramses505 said:
No, I have not got a sloution yet, sorry. I am going to repost it and see what happens.

If you do that I will just repeat the reply I gave before!

If you want it solved the normal solution would be to call a competent boiler engineer.

Thats if you have really explained the problem correctly!

The diverter valve fails on almost all of your model of boiler. The symptoms vary because it can stick in either position and will sometimes move or stick so the symptoms change and that seriously disorientates the owner.

There are two basic symptoms but it can also stick in between so will give mixtures as well!

1. No DHW but rads heat when a tap is turned on!

2. DHW as usual but no heating and boiler will cycle to preheat while CH is selected.

Its almost worth changing the diverter because if its not been changed and is the old type with 3 mm holes in the side then its going to fail sometime. And of course I am not totally convinced that you are necessarily describing the symptoms!

Tony

Tony

Thanks for that Tony - I reposted because I seemed to ber getting variable information in the replies before. I am a technical type and think that I am describing the problem properly - my HW is not hot (just warm - it is being heated but not much) if I turn on a tap and the CH is NOT running - it is hot if I turn on a tap and the CH IS running. I have tested this many times.

Thanks again.

Regards

Ramses505 said:
- my HW is not hot (just warm - it is being heated but not much) if I turn on a tap and the CH is NOT running - it is hot if I turn on a tap and the CH IS running. I have tested this many times.

Regards

Yes but my question was is the cH flow pipe getting hot when you turn on your hot taps and the heating is off?

Sponsored Links
I've had this problem before on my own boiler, changed diaphragm washer made no difference (cheapest option) then after some head scratching manually pressed down micro-switch (looked as if it was working) and hey presto it worked, as it was 9 pm temporarily bent micro-switch down a bit, that was 2 month ago still working, so i'm not touching it yet :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back