VAILLANT 831 ECOTEC TIMER SWITCH

MPB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I have a Vaillant 831 ecotec+ with the manual timer clock fitted to the boiler ,the boiler is in the upstairs airing cupboard and the manual room stat downstairs.My question is it possible to upgrade the room stat to a programmable timer .Because every time i need to alter the timer clock i have to fight my way into the airing cupbord would be a lot easier if i could control things from downstairs!! .Many thanks :D

Sponsored Links
Yes, either swap it for the VRT 360, which will replace your room stat and is the wired version or go for the 360f which is the wireless version.

I would have thought the wired one would be suitable for you in just replacing your room stat.

Hi again,i have managed to locate a vrt360 on the net.Is it just a simple case of swapping it over with the old room stat ?.Thanks once again

Sponsored Links
Yes, it is battery powered and all you will need is the switched wires from/to the boiler, terminals 3 & 4 on the boiler pcb, unless it connects via ebus (can't remember now :oops: , but will be fully explained in MI's)

V simple job ;)

You will need to use the ebus.

Also replace the link (if missing) between terminals 3 and 4 on the PCB.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back