Vaillant 831 ecotecplus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before I ring the installer just thought I`d pick your guys brains if you don`t mind...

Had a Vaillant 831 ecotechplus fitted 2 weeks ago and noticed last night whilst I was in the airing c/board that when hot water is in use there is a rapid clicking/whirring noise coming from the boiler.It`s not very loud but as the flow rate increases then the noise level and rapidity of the clicking/whirring increases. This happens whether CH is on or off.

Going to ring the installer tomorrow (hmm.. x-mas eve :oops: ) to see what he has to say but just wondered if anyone can give me any advice or a second opinion.

Thanks all

Merry Crimbo

Phil

Sponsored Links
Tomorrow is a Friday but its technically just a Friday as Christmas Eve is not until Sunday.

Boilers do have moving parts in them and from your description I have no reason yet to think that there is anything wrong particularly as you say its "not very loud".

My advice is that its probably quite normal but of course thats based on your words and not on my listening to it !

Tony

Cheers Tony-perhaps I was just hoping tomorrow was x-mas eve as the sooner it gets here then the sooner it`s over with-bah humbug :rolleyes:

As to noise levels,hate trying to describe em over t`internet-all I can say is that the boiler is situated in the loft and if I`m on the landing next to the bathroom the noise from the boiler is drowned out by the noise of the tap running in the bathroom but if I open the door to the airing c/board which is situated directly below the boiler then the noise does become apparent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back