Vaillant 831 not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys - got a vaillant 831 ecotech ...woke up this morning ..boiler was off..display was off....left it unplugged for 10 minutes...then plugged it back in. Didplsy came on..went to wash face turned hot water on and it was cold...boiler went off again, blank display...then left it off again and plugged it in..display on...turned on heating , boiler trys to come on then display goes off again...no error codes, no rcb tripping any ideas..? Ta

Sponsored Links
You could explore getting a fixed price repair from vaillant ? Not sure what they charge these days.

Sponsored Links
I used the fixed price repair, they replaced the PCB and the fan, bargain at £270, that was few years ago though , not sure how much it is noe, @ScottishGasMan will possibly know

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Think its closer to £300-350 depending for fixed price, although they can do a contract with repair included to spread it over 6 month or year I think.

Its certainly not a DIY repair, and depending on age of boiler could be PCB or could be a few other things

had a gas safe guy look at it...said was the pcb board qouted around £250 supplyt and fit...will see coming tommorow hopefully..

Sounds like the 2010 model upwards, had a few pcb’s go on these.

Changed pcb board...getting f7 invalid device specific number....cant get to the d.093 screen to chsnge it...any ideas why...? I get to the last two instruction but after entering language to English it doesn't display the d.093 screen..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201216-144111_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201216-144111_Gallery.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 124
Can you take a screen shot of the instructions or provide a link ?

Its this one 831 eco tech plus 2..now it should automatically adjust the parameters cos I only changed the main pcb. The coding resistor is installed from the old board....strange it doesn't display the screen to change DSN..

Attachments

• 20201216_133045.jpg
    20201216_133045.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 145
I'm afraid so...wasn't very had to change pcb board....anyway I managed to change dsn but boilers locked me out get this now..

Attachments

• 20201216_191150.jpg
    20201216_191150.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 125

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back