Vaillant 831 not working

Sponsored Links
This forum has strict guidelines on giving out advice for DIY gas works, disturbing sealed casing and replacing a critical saftey component is DIY gas works.

Advice: call someone in that knows what their doing

Sponsored Links
Apologies if this counts as hijacking a thread I'm new here and making it up, can't see how to start a new thread! We have a vaillant 831 and the thermostat is broken so that the heat-call isn't received by the boiler. Nothing happens. I think it probably happened when our 5 year old dropped it a week ago. The thing is we are supposed to go away tomorrow for 10d (for super safe low key Christmas with my parents - we've isolated for 10d to be able to go without taking the virus.) I'm worried about leaving the house without heat but I THINK from the manual that the Vailllant 831 will override the thermostat if temperature drops too low in the water in the system and will heat them up to avoid freezing? Have I got this right?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back